The reopening was announced on the Turriff Swimming Pool & Sports Centre Facebook page this afternoon.
It’s the news we have been waiting for!!!
Turriff Swimming Pool will reopen on Monday 12th July.
Our reopening comes following significant refurbishment in our plant room and changing areas.
The pool has been undergoing refurbishment and upgrades to the plant room and equipment. The reopening will see the first visitors this year return to the pool.
There will be some changes for visitors when they return.
- Pre-booked sessions only. Customers must book ahead, no walk-in bookings
- Hand sanitising station at reception
- Limited numbers ensuring social distancing throughout the pathway from reception to pool. There are some areas where distancing will be difficult – moving from changing area to poolside as example. Customers are asked to respect other users and keep their distance in this area
- No lockers are available. Customers are asked to leave belongings in their allocated changing cubicle. Please do not take valuables to the pool, however where this is unavoidable, there will be a box on the poolside to leave these and collect as you leave the pool
- Showers are for a rinse only. This will be reviewed following the opening
- No spectating during any session
The initial programme will include the following sessions :
- Lane Swim – 2 wide lanes will be available. A slow and fast lane will be in operation and customers should enter what they feel would be appropriate. Lifeguards will be on hand to assist. Overtaking during a length is discouraged and instead, swimmers should be conscious of others and allow passing at each end if required.
- Household Bubble – the pool will be split into 3 tanks, each with their own set of steps for entry and exit. 2 tanks will be shallow water – progressing into water of 1.4m depth, and the 3rd tank will be deep end only. Those booking deep end tank must all have competent swimmer award. The tank is suitable for groups from a single household, up to a maximum of 5 per household. Social distancing within your tank is not required in this session
- Therapy Swim – A session suitable for anyone with additional support needs, swimmers with carers or those recovering from recent injuries or illness. The pool will be a single tank, with customers asked to maintain distancing
- 8-11 Fun session – A session for anyone aged over 8 and under 12. Floats will be available. Social distancing is not required in the pool tank during this session. Unfortunately, parents cannot enter the building with children, this helps us ensure appropriate distancing and occupancy within each space
- Inflatable session – A session which will have one of either our fun run, or fixed – dalmatian or octopus inflatables in use
- Aqua Aerobics – An instructor-led session, with exercise in the water. Social distancing will be observed during this session
- Totally Terrified – Aimed at anyone who wishes to build confidence as a non-swimmer. An instructor will be available to support you as you begin to develop confidence moving about in the water and introduce basic swimming