The Scottish Fire & Rescue Service is looking to recruit firefighters on the Retained Duty System.
As well as recruitment for the Turriff Community Fire Station, there are vacancies at the following local stations
You must be aged 18 years or over, have a good level of physical fitness, have the required standard of vision and colour perception. You will be required to be readily available to attend incidents and should therefore live or work around 5 – 8 minutes from the Fire Station you are applying for.
- Do you want to have a challenging role doing something different?
- Do you want to learn new skills that can be used in a variety of jobs?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you physically fit and in good health?
- Do you have good unaided vision and colour perception?
- Are you interested in helping to provide an important emergency service for your local community?
- Are you available to respond to TURRIFF Community Fire Station within five minutes to emergency call-outs?
If you can answer YES to all of the above questions then Scottish Fire & Rescue Service want to hear from you.
RDS Firefighters are called upon to attend the same wide range of emergency service as wholetime Firefighters, including fires, floods, road traffic accidents, chemical spills and more. They can also be called upon to work with wholetime Firefighters to promote fire safety messages, giving fire safety advice to schools and other organisations as well as carrying out free home fire risk assessments within their communities.
To apply visit the Scottish Fire & Rescue page on My Job Scotland.