The Formartine Rural Partnership Small Grants Scheme is open for applications from Community Groups in the area. Applications to the fund are being made but the Partnership has noted that Turriff is underrepresented.
The partnership expects that most applications will fall within one or more of the following categories. However, they are not intended to exclude projects that would benefit Formartine or it’s residents
What can the grant be used for?
- To improve the life, facilities, or environment of local people in Formartine
- To provide a service for local people or organisations
- To help the setting up of a charitable Social Enterprise
- To help individuals attend a sporting or personal development event where their involvement will bring a public benefit to Formartine
- To help provide training for local organisations or Social Enterprises
What cannot be funded?
- Projects promoting political or religious activities
- Commercial organisations
- National or regional charities with no independent office in the area of benefit
- Projects that should be funded by a statutory body
- Any project which conflicts with the interests, or damages the reputation, of the fund or the Partnership
- Projects likely to cause disharmony in the community
Additionally this round the Trustees are keen to receive applications for survival grants from small, community-based groups which may be struggling to stay afloat during the pandemic and the loss of fundraising opportunities.
Previous applicants to the scheme in March 2020 are not barred and able to apply again for funding in this round.
Groups wishing to apply can find out more and start the application process on the Formartine Rural Partnership website.