The Met Office has upgraded the previously yellow warning for rain, to Amber for the North East of Scotland.
The amber warning is in place from 1800 on Saturday until 0600 on Sunday.
⚠️ Amber Warning issued ⚠️
Rain across northeastern parts of Scotland
Saturday 1800 – Sunday 0600
Latest info 👉 https://t.co/QwDLMfRBfs
— Met Office (@metoffice) October 2, 2020
The amber warning states
- Homes and businesses are likely to be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is likely, causing danger to life
- Delays and some cancellations to train and bus services are likely
- Spray and flooding probably leading to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- A good chance some communities cut off by flooded roads
- Power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses likely
Heavy rain is forecast to affect this area on Saturday and into Sunday. This is likely to cause significant flooding impacts from rivers and surface water. Potential impacts include flooding affecting communities, damage to buildings, danger to life, and serious travel disruption.
Remain vigilant and remember, it is your responsibility to take actions which help protect yourself and your property.