Cancelling Turriff Show the right thing to do says Stewart Whyte

Cancelling Turriff Show was the right thing to do says Stewart Whyte the Scottish Conservative candidate for Aberdeenshire East.

Stewart Whyte expressed his sadness at the absence of the Turriff Show this weekend. The Show had been set for Sunday and Monday this week but, was cancelled in April due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Scottish Conservative candidate for Aberdeenshire East said

It is a strange feeling this weekend for me and it must be ever more so for all those involved in putting the show on, the participants and the exhibitors. The Turriff Show is the centre piece of so many people’s year and so much goes into putting on the show but, there is big hole this year due to its absence.

It is also a great social occasion especially for farmers which can be a relatively isolated existence.

24,000 people attended in 2019 and it is the largest two day agricultural show in Scotland. Mr Whyte continued

I was raised on small farms at Crudie and Aberchirder and I have known the Show all my life.

It was clearly the right decision to cancel and the committee did well to announce the decision so early. I have already purchased my 2021 membership and we will just have to make next year even bigger and better.

Also on My Turriff
Local MP condemns ‘undemocratic’ SNP after new drugs measures announced by Lord Advocate

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on telegram
Share on whatsapp