The latest edition of the Markethill Primary School construction newsletter from Morrison Construction.
Progress to date
- Render progressing well
- Main Roof cladding complete
- Second fix joiner work completed in block B and ongoing in block A and C
- Mechanical & electrical installations in final stage in blocks A & B and progressing in block C
- Taping complete in blocks A & B and ongoing in block C
- All weather pitch complete.
- Grass pitch seeded .
- Ceiling grids ongoing in all areas.
- Painting to walls ongoing with finishing’s also ongoing in block B
- IPS panels in toilet areas ongoing in blocks A & C, completed in block B.
- Hard and soft landscaping ongoing with playground base tar also started.
- All services installed and street lighting upgrade ongoing.
Latest Construction Pictures
Planned progress for next four-six weeks
- Complete external render
- Complete M & E final fix installation
- Complete taping in block C
- Decoration to block A & B complete with block C ongoing
- Joiner and M & E second fix to block C.
- Complete external hard landscaping.
- Progress with commissioning of all M&E services
We are reporting the contract is on programme on all critical path operations. Work is progressing well in all areas. We hope to have completed all works along Meadowbank Road next week. Thanks for your patience and we hope we have kept any delays to a minimum. We are reduced the visits from the primary school classes to site on Friday afternoons to every 2 weeks as we are busy having floor coverings fitted and access is very restricted in most areas. We hope to arrange an open day before we hand over the school to allow members of the public to have a look at the superb facility the children will attend after summer break. We would also like to make all aware that we have CCTV cameras monitoring the complete site for safety and security purposes.
We would also like to thank you for all the positive comments on how well the site is progressing.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about the construction works you can contact a member of Morrison Construction site team to discuss the matter further.
Members of the construction team are noted below and can be contacted on 01651 863500:
Construction Manager: Neil Smyth
Project Surveyor: Jakki Ross
Contract Manager: George Morrison
Site Manager: Mike Chalmers
Assistant Site Manager: Mike Cleavin
Site Engineer: James Hillerby
The team responsible for the site are:
Client – Aberdeenshire Council
Contractor – Morrison Construction
Architect – Halliday Fraser Munro
Structural Engineer – Fairhurst
M&E Engineer – AECOM
Morrison Construction registers construction schemes with an organisation called Considerate Contractors scheme. It is an independent body that assesses how we, as a construction company, conduct ourselves regarding the environment or workforce, and the general public. The scheme is recognised by the UK construction industry as a major force in improving its image through the registration and monitoring of UK site.