A number of roads will be closed in Turriff on Monday 2 May for the annual Turriff May Day celebrations. Also a number of roads will have parking and waiting restrictions during the day.
Local Police Inspector Jamie Harrison said
The May Day celebrations are a fantastic local event. The road closures and no waiting restrictions are in place to help keep everyone safe and to allow emergency services access quickly should it be required. If possible I would urge anyone attending to walk if possible and if not to leave a bit early and park further away. I plan to come along on the day and look forward to the event.
Roads that will be closed between 6:30am and 5pm are
- Main Street (from Fife Street to High Street)
- High Street (from Main Street to High Street Car Park)
- Balmellie Street (from Main Street Eastwards for approximately 60 metres)
The following roads will have No Waiting restrictions placed on them for Monday 2 May. Restrictions will be in enforced where the No Waiting cones are in place.
- MARKET STREET EAST SIDE from A947 to Church Street
- FIFE STREET BOTH SIDES from Main Street to MacKenzie Gardens
- DUFF STREET/ CROSS STREET BOTH SIDES from Main Street to High Street
- HIGH STREET CAR PARK ENTRANCE / EAST SIDE from High Street for 15 metres
- HIGH STREET NORTH SIDE from the Car Park access to Main Street.
- SCHOOLHILL BOTH SIDES from Main Street to Victoria Terrace
- SCHOOL LANE BOTH SIDES from Schoolhill for 35 metres
- BALMELLIE STREET SOUTH SIDE from Main Street to Smithy Lane
- CHAPEL STREET SOUTH SIDE from Main Street to Chapel Lane & BOTH SIDES from Duncan’s Lane to Crown street.
- CHEYNE’S PLACE SOUTH SIDE from Main Street to Chapel Lane
- MITCHELL’S LANE SOUTH SIDE from Main Street to Chapel Lane
- MAIN STREET WEST SIDE from High Street to Duff Street
- MANSE ROAD SOUTH SIDE from Main Street westwards for 20 metres & NORTH SIDE from Sim Gardens eastwards for 60 metres.