Aberdeenshire Council are holding an event giving advice to home owners and private tenants on carrying out repairs, maintenance, improvements or adaptations to their homes at Banff Library on Wednesday 15 October.
Aberdeenshire Council Scheme of Assistance aims to
- Adapt houses to make them suitable to meet the needs of a disabled
- Encourage homeowners to repair, maintain and improve their homes
Aberdeenshire Council can assist homeowners by visiting their home to identify and prioritise works. Officers will also help homeowners to access grants and equity loans which could help with the costs.
Chair of Aberdeenshire Council’s Housing and Social Work Committee Councillor Karen Clark said
This service is available to all homeowners across Aberdeenshire. I would encourage any homeowner who knows they need to have repairs carried out but do not know where to start to attend one of these events or contact the team.
Housing officers will be explaining the Aberdeenshire Council Scheme of Assistance at events held over the next couple of months
- Banff Library Wed 15th October 17.30 – 19.00
- Banchory Library Wed 22nd October 17.15 – 18.45
- Inverurie Library Wed 29th October 17.00 – 18.30
- Huntly Library Thu 30th October 17.30 – 19.00
- Ellon Library Wed 12th November 17.30 – 19.00
- Stonehaven Library Tue 18th November 17.30 – 19.00
Vice chair of Social Work and Housing Committee Councillor Alisan Norrie added
The council is committed to helping improve properties in its own stock as well as for homeowners and this scheme for private owners helps towards this.
If homeowners are looking for assistance they can either go along to any of the free events or telephone 01467 628491or 01467 628492 for more information