Former MSP and co-convenor of the Solidarity Party, Tommy Sheridan is bringing his Hope Over Fear pro independence tour to Turriff this week.
Making the case for a Yes vote in the September 18 Referendum Tommy Sheridan will be joined at the event by Linda McDonald from the SNP & local businessman Ewan Smith.
Tommy will put the case forward that an independent Scotland should
- Bring the energy companies and the banks into democratic public ownership
- Tax the rich and big business so that they pay their share
- Ensure the oil and gas sector are publicly owned so that the profits made were invested back into jobs and services
- Increase the minimum wage to a living wage
- Scrap zero hour contracts and poverty pay
- Create jobs and proper apprenticeships for our young people
- End the anti union laws and protect workers’ rights
- Scrap Trident
The event at the Royal Oak is free and anyone can come along to listen to the speakers make their case for a Yes vote in the referendum. After the speakers there will be a question and answer session with Mr Sheridan taking questions about independence and his vision of an independent Scotland, from the floor.