The latest edition of the Markethill Primary School construction newsletter from Morrison Construction.
Progress to date
- Glulam frame nearing completion with gym hall being erected at the moment.
- Kit panels to Block A erected.
- All windows installed in Blocks A & B
- Roof cladding to Block B well on
- Parking areas all base tarred along with new road.
- Energy centre building complete.
- Internal partitions started in block B.
- Underground heating pipework installed from energy centre to main building.
- Perimeter permanent fencing started.
Planned progress for next four-six weeks
- Erect kit panels to Block C
- Fit windows to Block C.
- Complete all structural frame and gym hall
- Roof cladding to all roofs
- Start Installation of energy centre and main building mechanical and electrical services.
- Internal partitions to blocks A & B
- Under floor heating and floor screed to blocks A & B
We are reporting the contract is on programme on all critical path operations. The public can now use the play park fully although access is restricted to one entry point, we hope to get these works completed as soon as possible but await decisions. We had primary 4, 5 and 6 children visiting site 2 weeks ago and plan to be able to do this on a regular bases as work progresses. We would also like to thank you for all the positive comments on how well the site is progressing.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about the construction works you can contact a member of Morrison Construction site team to discuss the matter further.
Members of the construction team are noted below and can be contacted on 01651 863500:
Construction Manager: Neil Smyth
Project Surveyor: Jakki Ross
Contract Manager: George Morrison
Site Manager: Mike Chalmers
Assistant Site Manager: Mike Cleavin
Site Engineer: James Hillerby
The team responsible for the site are:
Client – Aberdeenshire Council
Contractor – Morrison Construction
Architect – Halliday Fraser Munro
Structural Engineer – Fairhurst
M&E Engineer – AECOM
Morrison Construction registers construction schemes with an organisation called Considerate Contractors scheme. It is an independent body that assesses how we, as a construction company, conduct ourselves regarding the environment or workforce, and the general public. The scheme is recognised by the UK construction industry as a major force in improving its image through the registration and monitoring of UK site.